We help brides custom-made the wedding dresses. We are also very glad to help brides make their wedding dress themselves. And I think it is not very difficult.
Making the wedding dress yourself certainly has its advantages. On the most important day of your life, you can wear something that is significant to you, and by creating your own dress you can get exactly what you want, without compromising. On the other hand, it is a massive undertaking. Be sure that you have enough time for this project. It is also important to accurately assess your sewing skills and pick something that is at your level. Most patterns will indicate the level of sewing they require, which is something to note when embarking on this project.
- Pick your style. There are many wedding dress patterns available. Browse through them, taking into account what shapes are flattering to your figure, how hard the patterns are, and what you are looking for in a dress. Please visit our How to pick styles guides.
- Choose your fabric. Whatever fabric you select will be very important to the overall dress, so choose carefully, and make sure it is appropriate to the season in which the wedding will take place. Now we have prepared the Satin, Taffeta, Chiffon, Organza for every bride.
- Make a muslin version of your dress. Before you cut into the fancy fabric you have purchased, you will want to test out the pattern with a cheaper fabric.
- Decide on modifications. Try on the muslin version of the dress, and have a friend help you alter the fit, by pinning and marking the fabric.
- Add any embellishments. This is also a good stage in which to firm up any additions to your dress, like ribbons, beads or fabric flourishes.
- Deconstruct the muslin dress. Alter the pieces according to the marks made. This is now your pattern.
- Cut and mark the fabric, according to new pattern.
- Baste dress together by hand. Though time-consuming, by sewing the dress together loosely, there is time to check for any mistakes and make alterations.
- Fix any mistakes.
- Sew dress together
Below are some samples of DIY wedding dresses: